The New Year's Day HAIR OF THE DOG Run/Walk
Tuesday, January 1, 2019
Volunteer with Run Tucson:
Interested/available in arriving a few hours early to help set-up the staging area or help with packet pickups?
Not running or walking the New Year’s Day HAIR of the DOG?
If you’d like to help, we’d love to have you!
Please contact Linda.HOTD@gmail.com
Welcome to the New Year’s Day HAIR OF THE DOG Run/Walk, benefiting the Humane Society of Southern Arizona. The HOTD is a New Year’s Day destination, not to be missed. And for so many good reasons!
- For those that stayed-up to ring in the New Year, no problem: the HOTD does not start until 11am!
- For those looking for an 8k (5-mile) PR: cool temps and a mostly flat course will make for fast running!
- For those kicking-off New Year’s resolutions for a fit 2019: this is the perfect opportunity to challenge yourself with a supportive community of family and friends!
- For those seeking to squeeze in as much fun as possible before heading back to work after the Holidays, there’s Live Music, Exercise Endorphins, Cool Swag, Fur baby races, and Hair of the Dog.
- And for those that enjoy spending time with their canine companions: Party with your Pooch and do the One-mile Doggie Dash!
The HOTD strives to be the capstone of your winter holiday in Tucson, and a pre-eminent fitness event. Here’s what’s included in your event entry:
- A fun, fast 8k – running along the Pantano River Wash and through the beautiful Tucson Country Club Estates or a 1-mile loop around the lovely desert-scape of Udall Park, with or without your pooch
- An Event Finisher’s Glass, and a Collectible Poster Art
- A post-race party! with original surf music by Shrimp Chaperone
- The Dragoon Brewing Co. beer garden, a premiere local brewery and a free Dragoon beer or a free non-alcoholic beverage from Whole Foods
- Post-race treats, sweet or savory, compliments of Le Buzz Caffe, the famed east-side European style patisserie
- A mini-Expo where you can learn more about our wonderful sponsors, like Adobe Veterinary Center
- Festivities that keep going … directly across the street at Fleet Feet Tucson After-Party with raffles, in-store discounts, and more
- Event FB photos compliments of the GOATographer
- A dedicated doggie photographer, MrHoni Photography
- Doggie awards for the canine athletes
- Professional chip timing in the 8k, with fast, accurate results
- A race-bib for all human entrants
- Fleet Feet Tucson awards for 8k Top 3 M/F Overall, Top 2 M/F Masters, and Top 3 M/F in each 8k age group
- An Unforgettable Race Day Experience!
Download the mail-in registration flyer here: HOTD (PDF)
In-Person Registration and Packet-PickUp schedule:
10am – 1pm Monday, Dec 31st, Fleet Feet – Tucson at 7301 E Tanque Verde Rd. (cash or check to Run Tucson)
Race Day Schedule:
(No access to Udall Park via Sabino Canyon Rd; parking access only from Tanque Verde Rd.)
9:45-10:45 am Registration and Packet-Pickup at Udall Park Amphitheater, 7200 E Tanque Verde Rd. (cash or check to Run Tucson)
Cash or Check to RUN TUCSON
11:00 am: One-Mile / Doggie Dash START
11:10 am: 8k Run/Walk START
11:00 am: Dragoon Beer Garden opens, benefitting the Humane Society of Southern Arizona; SHRiMP CHAPERONE starts to play; the party begins!
12:00pm:Doggie Contest and other awards
1:00 pm: 8k Awards Ceremony
12:00-3:00pm: Fleet Feet After Party – Directly across the street! 20% discounts on all New Balance shoes and clothing during the after party. In addition, everyone who attends will be entered to win a free New Balance shoe or a $50 Fleet Feet gift card.
The fine print: No refunds or transfers are allowed. The New Year’s Day HAIR of the DOG will go on rain or shine, with the exception of extreme/hazardous weather conditions. We may modify the race course, however, if necessary for participant safety.
We think you will love our fast 8-kilometer (5 mile) course:
The Start/Finish staging area is the Laszlo Veres Amphitheater in the lovely Udall Park.
8k participants traverse the Park before connecting with the brand new landscaped path along Sabino Canyon Road. Here you’ll find lots of wide-open space, views of the Santa Ritas to the south and awe-inspiring views of the Santa Catalinas to the north.
At 0.8 miles the 8k course turns west onto the Loop Path along the Pantano River Wash.
At 1.7 miles the route turns north into the lovely Tucson Country Club Estates. After a loop around the Country Club Estates, the route returns to the staging area at Udall Park.
The 1-Mile /Doggie Dash course features beautiful desert-scape and lovely views of the Catalina Mountains, as participants cruise a loop around Udall Park.
GOATographer event photos:
Highlights will be posted on the @RunTucson fb page and The New Year’s Day HAIR of the DOG Run/Walk fb event page and the @GOATographer fb page.
- Complete set of race photos will be available at: goatographer.smugmug.com/RunningEvents
- Highlights will be posted on the @RunTucson fb page and The New Year’s Day HAIR of the DOG Run/Walk fb event page
Complete set of race photos will be available at https://www.mrhoni-photography.com/Portfolio/Special-Events/Hair-of-the-Dog-2019/
Shortly after the completion of the timed 8k, results will be posted at: www.roadrunnerracetiming.com/results.html