Table of Contents Email
1) Race Weekend Schedule
2) Public Health Update
3) Miscellaneous Items: discounted hotel, hydration, snacks, etc
4) Directions to Biosphere 2 from Tucson and from Phoenix
5) Course Maps + New Photos
6) Sponsors and Beneficiaries
7) Awards and Prize Money
Volunteers: We still need volunteers for course monitors, registration, and water stops. Please click here for a link to pick your volunteer spot. All volunteers receive a free day pass into the Biosphere 2.
Visitors: We’ve never produced a race at the Biosphere 2, so please familiarize yourself with their website, including where to park, how to enter the grounds, and their various amenities. Below is a map providing directions from Phoenix and from Tucson.
1) Free Day Pass for All Participants and Volunteers: Your race number will provide access to the grounds, including the self-guided tour of the Biosphere 2 Experience. Click here for information.
All friends and family can purchase passes at the super-discounted price of $8 for adults and $5 for children. Guests can purchase the discounted passes at the front gate.
2) For spectators who want to watch you race but not enter the grounds, you can park at the parking lots and view the race from the 1 and 7 mile marks at the entrance to the grounds. Spectators can also park on the route to cheer. There is no driving on the road while the race is in progress.
3) Please consider car-pooling. Unless you live in Oracle or Catalina, it’s a long way — and parking, while plentiful, is limited, so please consider joining with other runners and walkers to carpool. Our friends at the Southern Arizona Roadrunners are using their facebook page to link folks with rides, so check ’em out here.
OK — if you still have questions after reading, feel free to email or ask at registration.