TMC Meet Me Downtown 5K & Festival of Miles
May 27, 2023
- Registration, t-shirt, medal and all the race goodies for the September 10th TMC Tucson 10k/5k, staged at Pima Community College West, nestled in the foothills of the Tucson Mountains.
- Registration, long sleeve t-shirt, medal and all the race goodies for the October 22nd TMC A-Mountain Half-Marathon and Four Miler, staged at the Mercado San Agustin Annex at the base of A-Mountain.
- The “Gabe Zimmerman Meet Me Downtown” souvenir desktop medallion, perfect for desktop or coffee table display.
- One of the remaining technical “Run Tucson” colorful orange shirts, with sizing first-come, first-served until we run out.
We’ll be back in 2024 for the 18th Annual TMC Night Run!
Staged in front of the Children’s Museum, with music and other festivities, plus our standard route through Armory Park and other historic neighborhoods.
Tucson’s premier running party is a great way to kick start the summer!
Click here for the race RunSignup page with all the race details on the TMC Meet Me Downtown 5k Night Run and Walk, staged in the heart of vibrant Downtown Tucson.
- A souvenir “TMC Meet Me Downtown” race shirt, in either a v-neck cut or unisex cut, shirt sizing first-come, first-served
- First 100 Mile registrants receive the “Festival of Miles” souvenir finisher’s medal
- Live music, food Truck round-up, beer garden and other fun activities
- Free beer for 21+ from Pueblo Vida Brewing, with Beer Garden coordinated by Sonoran Desert Mountain Bicyclists
- After-parties, with post-race discounts to Hotel Congress and Pueblo Vida
- Great summer party in dynamic Downtown Tucson
- Prize money for Open Mile and TMC 5k Night Run
- TMC 5k Night Run is part of SAR’s Running Shop Grand Prix, with Age Group Awards, courtesy of Running Shop
- Free SAR FitKids Mile for children 12-and-under
- Free mile for all junior high and all high school students
- Free entry to Children’s Museum
- Jumping castle
- Comic Bookmobile activities and games
- This is the first-race of the three-race Gabe Zimmerman Triple Crown. You can register for the GabeZ Series here: https://runsignup.com/Race/AZ/Tucson/GabeZimmermanTripleCrown
- Beneficiaries: Help us raise funds for local charities — use the “Donate” button to provide funds to the charity of your choice. This year, we are raising funds for education and youth, so please help us support the Children’s Museum, Educational Enrichment Foundation, Greater Tucson Leadership, and the BEYOND-Tucson Foundation.
- See more details on Tucson area races at our friends at the Southern Arizona Roadrunners: https://runsar.org/
#mmd5K #runtucson #runsar
Wanna’ join in the fun but don’t want to run? Volunteers are always needed — sign up here!
Thanks to our sponsors!
Pick up your race number and shirt at The Running Shop (3055 North Campbell Ave).
All race bib numbers for the 5k, the 1-mile, and the FitKidz mile will be in the Running Shop. The TMC Meet Me Downtown souvenir shirts for the 5k early registrants will also be in the Running Shop. For those who registered for the Gabe Zimmerman Triple Crown, the souvenir medallion and shirt will be at the TMC tent in front of the Running Shop.
Yes: You can pick up items for friends. Remember to ask what shirt size they want.
Yes: Shirts come in both standard unisex and women’s cut.
Yes: T-shirt sizing is first come, first served.
No: Coming to the Running Shop before 3:00 PM will not save you time. For the quickest pick-up experience, come after the first hour.
Saturday, May 27, Race Night: 5:00-6:30 pm.
Race night registration and packet pickup at the Children’s Museum (200 South Sixth Avenue).
There will be a chute-based system in front of the Children’s Museum for those who pick up their race items on race day.
You’ll enter from the north, and get your race number and race race shirt (if you registered before Friday).
If you have registered for the Gabe Zimmerman Triple Crown, continue along the chute to receive your souvenir medallion and your souvenir GabeZ shirt from the BEYOND tent, then exit the chute system to the south.
The Children’s Museum is offering free admission on race afternoon with a race number. If an adult runs, a child gets in free. If a child runs, an adult gets in free. Just show your race number or your FitKidz number at the entrance.
6:00 pm: Open Mile Race.
6:15 pm: High School & Middle School Mile.
6:30 pm: SAR FitKidz Mile
7:00 pm: TMC Meet Me Downtown 5k Run/Walk
8:30 pm: Awards
The 5K race is chip-timed. All prize money will be based on gun-time, all age-group awards will be based on chip-time. 5k Age Group awards are courtesy of The Running Shop. Prize Money to overall winners is courtesy of TMC and Run Tucson.
Post-Race After-Party: Hotel Congress, 311 E Congress. Bring your race number. Details to be announced.
Missed the race?
Shirts and medals of registrants who could not make it to the race will be available at The Running Shop through the end of June. T-shirt sizing will be whatever is left.
We’re super grateful to Sharon Bart and the whole crew at The Running Shop for all the help with this event.
All race results since 2007 can be found at our friends https://runsar.org/events/tmc-meet-me-downtown-5k-night-run-and-festival-of-miles/