A few quick updates on our next race, the August 22nd TMC Meet Me Downtown 5k Night Run, Morning Edition.
1) The Children’s Museum is offering free admission all day on August 22nd with a race number — if an adult runs, a child gets in free. If a child runs, an adult gets in for free. Just show your race number or your FitKidz number at the entrance. The courtyard opens at 8:00 am and doors open at 9:00 am.
2) The AC Hotel Downtown Tucson is offering special discounted pricing for all runners and walkers. Click here to make a reservation for an enjoyable weekend in Tucson.
3) Hotel Congress will be offering special post-race discounts at their outdoor patio — bring your race number on race morning and receive discounts on food truck breakfast items and drink specials.
4) The Festival of Miles has been named the RRCA Western Regional Championship.
Click here for all the details on prize money for the Mile Run and the TMC Meet Me Downtown 5k and age group award from The Running Shop.
5) We’re scaling back the festivities on race day, but we’ll have DJ Rich on hand, the Food Truck RoundUp, and single-serving wrapped cookies and chips courtesy of TMC. Sadly, due to public health protocols we cannot offer jumping castles, roving musicians or the traditional beer garden . . .
6) Finally, group pricing is still available — all team members save $5, so snag your friends and form your team for the August 22nd TMC Meet Me Downtown 5k — and the Grand Canyon Trail Half Marathon and 5k on November 6th (see below).