We had a grand time putting on the Grand Canyon Half Marathon with the Grand Canyon Chamber of Commerce and Tusayan community! It’s hard to narrow it down to 10 things that we loved the most, but here is our top 10 list…
- The town of Tusayan: folks here were wonderfully friendly and helpful and donated a ton of prizes to the race.
- The IMAX: a cool theater located inside the Visitor’s Center, which itself is an amazing staging area for a race.
- The race course: runner friendly trails through the Kaibab forest with a smooth downhill finish!
- The weather: a perfectly warm and sunny day.
- The race participants: 300 adventurous humans ran and walked their way through the Kaibab forest.
- The volunteers: friendly faces and helping hands behind the scenes and on the course make these events successful.
- The Tusayan fire department: these guys not only helped keep the runners safe, they kept them well fed on race morning.
- Smokey the Bear: we were honored to have Smokey the Bear attend our race.
- Big E’s Steakhouse: running and race producing works up an appetite. We ate there twice!
- The Grand Canyon: last but not least, this beautiful national park was only minutes away.
If you’d like to see the 2019 race results, visit http://www.roadrunnerracetiming.com/home.html.