Whether you want to run for fun or train for a purpose, we’ll help you get ready for whatever’s on your fitness list. The “Workout Group” is a drop-in group, where you can train for a week or train for a decade. The nominal fee is on a sliding scale if needed — come run with us for a week or two, and if you like it we’ll get you hooked up!
Tuesday and Thursday Nights
6:00 pm at the Tucson Racquet & Fitness Club, 4001 North Country Club Road
- Training routes for intervals, fartlek, hills, and tempo running on the paved path and hard-dirt trails along the Rillito River Wash, Rio Vista Park and Brandi Fenton Park.
- Safe parking at the TRFC parking lot — see below for our dedicated space near the back volleyball courts.
- Safe and clean bathrooms inside the TRFC: all WOGGERS can use the bathrooms in the main lobby at the TRFC.
- Post-workout nourishment at TRFC bar and restaurant
- Group access to Racquet Club ramada or inside spaces for WOG training talks, social time, and more.
- For an additional fee, runners in our group can have access to the two swimming pools, hot tub, weight rooms, cardio machines, exercise classes, and other facilities (we’re working on special WOG pricing, but for now access to the fitness facilities are based on TRFC day passes or TRFC membership — you can click here for a free 3-day trial pass).
Tuesday and Thursday Mornings
5:30 am at the Rillito Sports Fields at Rillito Regional Park, 4600 N First Ave near River Road and First.
- We run on the “Run Tucson” 1/3 mile dirt-path loop around the soccer fields and on The Loop River Path and nearby hills. Free parking, county bathrooms, water fountains.
RRCA Certified Coaches
Led by Tia and Randy Accetta, the Workout Group includes the coaching and mentoring team of RRCA-certified coaches Manny Ochoa, Ryan Seltzer, Amanda Shufflebarger, and Doreen Davis — with special guest coaching appearances by Dave Odom, Jen Garcia, and Tim Bentley.